Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Progress Report Assignment #5: Final

Our final project (only 2 1/2 weeks left of class!) was a free for all, so we had the freedom to choose any topic and any subject. The topic that I have chosen is turning out to be "putting a face to the place" although, my original idea revolved more around the beauty of different face. My shots are portraits of different people I know, mostly up close. I really got into their faces! I didn't give them very much instruction except to relax and show me who you are, act normal. After getting a really great intense action shot of the priest at my school, I decided to back away just a little bit to observe who they are and a little more of their environment. What makes my project interesting is that on the same print there will be a photo of an associated environment, or place/ thing that represents that person. The people will be in B&W while the locations will be in intensified color. We have to have 10 prints (minimum) to present for the final :)
Here are a couple edited portrait shots. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment